Compounding combines an ageless art with the latest medical knowledge and state-of-the-art technology, allowing our specially trained pharmacists to prepare customized medications to meet each patient’s specific needs. The demand for professional compounding has increased as healthcare professionals and patients realize that the limited number of strengths and dosage forms that are commercially available do not meet the needs of many patients, and that these patients often have a better response to a customized dosage form.
Our compounding pharmacists can prepare:
- unique dosage forms containing the best dose of medication for each individual.
- medications in dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as transdermal gels, troches (lozenges), and more.
- medications free of problem-causing excipients such as dyes, sugar, lactose, gluten or alcohol.
- combinations of various compatible medications into a single dosage form for easier administration and improved compliance.
- medications that are not commercially available or are on back-order from the manufacturer
Compounding can offer some creative methods of treating medical conditions. For example, for those with swallowing difficulties or nausea, creams or gels can be made to carry medicine through the skin. In addition, tasty liquids can be made to carry drugs for a child who is reluctant to take his or her medicine. Read more on compounding.